Thursday 25 June 2009

Nordicware - My new obsession…


I have always been into baking since working at Pots and Pans, and over the years I have collected a range of different brands, shapes and sizes. I’ve tried lots of different materials from the classic metal and pottery to the newer innovations such as silicone, but nothing has quite rocked my world like Nordicware!

It was Christmas 08’ and I was thinking about creating personalised gifts for my friends and family. After all nothing says ‘I love you’ like home baking! After much debate, I decided to invest in a Nordicware Holiday Tree cake pan. If im honest, I thought it would be rubbish, and wasn’t convinced that it would look remotely like the pictures but the baker in me was keen to have a go!

That night I armed myself with the necessary equipment and set to work on my masterpiece. I knew it was important to grease the tin well with butter and also decided to lightly flour the interior of the pan. I was hoping and praying that this would help the mixture get into all the nooks and crannies and help it to come out more easily after cooking. So after whipping up a quick cake mix and pouring it in, I eagerly awaited the results. So much so I kept peeking through the oven door every five minutes, probably more excited than one should be! The timer pinged and I pushed the special Nordicware cake tester into the cake, which told me it was cooked through nicely. Time to see if this stuff was as good as everyone said.

I was stunned! Lain before me were two perfectly formed Christmas tree halves, each decorated with intricate details of candles and baubles. The cake was evenly baked, with a golden brown finish and a beautifully fluffy inside.

After icing and finishing off my 3D masterpiece, I decided it was perfect to give away as presents – easy to make, but definitely providing the wow-factor! Im told it was enjoyed by all.

Now i'm itching to expand my collection with other shapes as the pans can be used not only for cakes, but for sweets, jellies and ice cubes.

My only dilemma is whether it’s to be ‘Teacakes and Candies’ or a ‘Butterfly Bundt Cake’!

Vicki

No comments:

Post a Comment